Gisele's place

You'll find here a bit of everything that goes through my head. Most of it silly, crazy things. =D

All Through the Night - Connie Brockway

Every time I read a book that’s awesome, I feel at lost for words because there are so many emotions, so much thoughts that I wanted to tell, that I usually don’t say anything. But it is a shame, because I really want you to realize that you NEED reading it. So, I’ll let Ed Sheeran lyrics to speak for me:

GIVE ME LOVE

Give me love like her
‘Cos lately I’ve been waking up alone

Jack and Anne are two lonely souls. They lived their whole life thinking they don’t deserve love.

Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt
Told you I’d let them go

Circumstances tells them they not worth it.

And that I’ll fight my corner
Maybe tonight I’ll call ya
After my blood turns into alcohol
No I just wanna hold ya

But deep down, there’s a yearning, and even though life is a burden, they fight to live. They fight to not lose what they discovered in each other’s embrace.

Give a little time to me, or burn this out
We’ll play hide and seek to turn this around
And all I want is the taste that your lips allow
My my, my my, oh give me love

And after that first encounter, the Hound and the Thief start their game of hide and seek. At night they are wild creatures, but at the day light, “respectable” members of society. They round each other, they seek each other secrets, they literally seek a little time with each other trying to relive what they had in that encounter. What they tasted in each other lips.

Give me love like never before
‘Cos lately I’ve been craving more

As the hunt progresses, fear, hate, admiration and compassion turns into love. Into an obsession, a craving never experienced before…

And it’s been a while but I still feel the same
Maybe I should let you go

Maybe they really should let it go. How they can trust in each other? Sometimes the weight of the past, the fear to repeat the same old mistakes, the fear of failing is so unbearable, that is easier to just let it go.. even though their hearts are breaking into pieces.

You know I’ll fight my corner
And that tonight I’ll call ya
After my blood is drowning in alcohol
No I just wanna hold ya

But they can’t let it go, the feelings are stronger, consuming even. One night, just one more night to drown into this madness. She just wants to hold him. He just wants to hold her.

Give a little time to me, or burn this out
We’ll play hide and seek to turn this around
And all I want is the taste that your lips allow
My my, my my, oh give me love

A lifetime of suffering sometimes is strong enough to make us think that there’s nothing good out there. There isn’t love, there isn’t trust. And break these concepts is so hard that words are not enough, you have to prove it with your actions, with your own life. Jack and Annie had to do it to prove that what they felt for each other were real. They needed love so much, with such desperation.. but life had taught them not to love, not to trust. At 80% of reading, I still couldn’t see these two together. But as I said, actions are better than thousand words and through it they finally SEE each other.

This history is not a light one, is dark and heavy, but at the same time beautiful and heartbreaking. I hope I could incite you to give it a try, it will be worth your time.